Wednesday, October 31, 2007

October 2007 Financial Recap…


My net worth declined this month primarily due to 1) receiving $700 less in income due to 4 unpaid working days, 2) $1,100 in interest expense that capitalized on my student loans, 3) $220 for a new car tire, and 4) $250 for a medical bill.

I still spent too much money eating out but I am going to try to focus on bringing my lunch more in November. This task shouldn’t be too hard considering the fact that it’s getting very cold in Chicago and I don’t want to go outside.

I used $7,000 in savings and $300 in income to pay down my credit card to $8,800 from $16,100. Over the next few months, I am going to try to reduce this balance as much as possible and pay it off with my bonus and tax return. I am hoping to have it paid off by 4/2008.

Thankfully I received $2,000 from my parents as a graduation gift. Otherwise, my net worth would have declined significantly. The $2,000 remains in an emergency fund.

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

Congrats on paying down a large section of credit card debt!

Chitown said...

Thanks Savingdiva.

I sent another $200 towards it a few days ago to bring the balance down to $8,600.