Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Escaped Work Prison...

Working from home today and getting a lot of work done even though I called off sick. I couldn't stand the idea of going to prison today. I know I'm supposed to think positive and I do well 95% of the time but they've taken to monitoring our every move over this IM communicator tool so they even know when you've been in the restroom too long. Just ridiculous to be at the VP level and be treated like a kid right out of school. I'm the most junior and my co-workers are easily 20-25 years older with a wealth of experience and being treated the same.

This is exactly why the group stands to lose about 5 of us in the next quarter. Two are already retiring and moving to new positions. I posted out and two of my other co-workers have also posted out with another mentioning that she wants to move too at age 65! Anyway, the walls closed in just that much more over the last week. Sucks! Especially with Summer looming. Now I'm super glad that I put in for two weeks of vacation in July. Oh yeah!

2 comments:

Kay said...

And I thought I had it bad with the work monitoring. Your company has gone a little too far. Have people been abusing the system lately and that's why they are doing this?

Chitown said...

Two weeks ago, the Head of our group needed some info from a co-worker but she wasn't at her desk. When she got back, she accused her of taking a two hour lunch which wasn't true and she had emails to prove it. Because the boss lady came out of her office and my co-worker wasn't there, she assumed she was gone the entire time. So then we all had to turn on IM so they can track our comings and goings, calendar appointments, etc. for how long we've been away. Ridiculous.