Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Goals Update...

Chitown is going to Niagara Falls! I had a work trip scheduled for Toronto in June but my nephew is graduating from pre-school the Saturday after the training. So, I was resolved that I wouldn't be able to make it to Niagara Falls. 

In steps my buddy from Toronto. He was a football player at NU, resides in Toronto and has dual citizenship. We've kept in touch over the years via Skype and FaceTime and he called me a couple of weeks ago to ask me when the company was sending me across the border. I was just about to book my flight for training when he said come early and we could hang out and he'd take me to the Falls. Perfect! He has a condo in Toronto, about 30 min from the training facility. He'll pick me up Friday and I can stay with him and then and we'll stay the night at Niagara Falls and he's taking me to meet his family on Sunday. He says his Mom always likes to meet his friends from Northwestern and I love time with family so that's perfect. Then he'll drop me off at the training facility for the week. I am so excited because the flight is on the Company and I will have minimal out of pocket expense and get to go to the Falls. Yes!!!

One of my best friends from NJ is turning 35 in June and she called the other night to ask me if I wanted to go to Carabana in Toronto again in August. Umm...yes! I just don't know how I'm going to pay for that trip. I told her I'd get back to her. We just need to book by the end of the month. 

Lastly...I'm running another half Marathon. My Buddy from Toronto asked me to run with him and his sister and I was promised a nice fattening meal after the race...I'm sold!!!! lol. Now I will meet another goal this year. Time to lace up the sneakers. 

I am still determined to pay off at least $20k in debt this year. I think that's more than possible. I'm claiming it...It's already done! At least 20k this year and $30k next year. Boom!

No comments: