Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunny Spring Sunday....

It's a beautiful and sunny Spring Sunday. I went to church this morning and now I'm home with house music going through the condo while I do some Spring cleaning. My condo looks like a depressed person has been residing here but I've actually been purging and minimizing things in my space. It looks a bit crazy right now but it will be worth it in the end.

I took stock of my finances over the last month and I really did a lot and I mean a lot of emotional eating out and my credit card bill is ridiculous. I'll bite the bullet and pay it in full at the end of the month but it's not pretty. I also switched to cash for the next month to reel myself in some. It's always been painful to physically withdraw money from the ATM and to spend cash. It's no problem when you can just swipe! I was going to delay paying off my small $2,100 credit card balance since that's about how crazy I went with my card but I didn't. I paid it off with stock sales and I'm getting myself back on the right track. Not having so many emotional ups and downs will help.

I met with a new division in the Bank on Wednesday and posted for another position on Thursday after learning more about the job. It will be a lateral VP grade move but it will mean an increase of at least $10k so I'll be very close to $115k base and 20% target bonus. Not bad. I hit 20% with my bonus last year. My career is really just getting started at the Bank so I have a lot of room for growth and movement.

Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend. =)


No comments: