Monday, August 09, 2010

Weekly Status Report...

I had a good weekend. I met up with some friends on Friday night for drinks. I played two softball games on Saturday and took a pretty hard hit during the game. Somehow, I managed to peel myself off the ground and keep going. I did however develop a massive headache later that night which made the comedy show pretty unbearable. My friend and I left early and I got to bed just before midnight.

Sunday was cool. I got some sleep. My sister and brother in law passed on the water park since it looked like it was going to rain. So, I went with my Mom to see my Grandmother in the nursing home instead. She isn't doing so great. She is very combative and can barely stand on her own anymore. A couple of weeks ago, she was rushed to the hospital when she fell and hit her head. So, the nursing home is taking some extra precautions to keep her from falling again. Alzheimers is just a very sad disease and while I know my Mom wishes she could care for her, she needs 24-hour care. After dinner, my Dad and I got in 9 holes of golf last night which was pretty fun and a great way to wrap up the weekend.

I have to work late tonight and Wednesday. I also have to work all weekend. I need to find the discounted parking garage closer to the part-time job because it's getting dark earlier here in Chicago. It will be safer for me to find a closer parking garage so that I am not walking across downtown late at night by myself.

Here is my progress report for August. Have a wonderful day. =)

No comments: