Monday, January 22, 2007

Closed my ING Account…

I closed my ING accounts over the weekend. The customer service at ING was fantastic and the process was very easy. It took less than 5 minutes. My reason for closing my account was the lack of a beneficiary option and I didn’t want a joint account. I know a lot of people don’t think they need to worry about this but as a law student, I learned in class that everyone should think about planning for unfortunate circumstances.

My main savings vehicle right now is my WaMu online savings account with a 5% APY. So, not only does it have a higher rate of return but it also has a beneficiary feature. Overall, I opened the account in October and I am very pleased with my experience. I learned about WaMu from Jonathan at MyMoneyBlog. Here is the link to WaMu if you are interested in learning more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know WaMu had an online account option

Chitown said...

No problem. What I especially like about the WaMu account is that it comes with a debit card. You can easily move money between the savings account and checking account to have immediate access to your money. All the while, you continue to enjoy a decent rate of return.

Cheers!!!