Friday, January 12, 2007

Net Worth…

I am waiting for the final blows to my net worth. I am expecting a $10-12k dip this month with the last payment of law school tuition and full payment of my Christmas expenses. I also expect another $4k drop in February when I pay my bar exam expenses.

I am having a hard time focusing on my finances because there is so much in limbo.

I graduate from law school in May and I don’t have a new job lined up. My current position as a financial analyst pays me an annual salary of $54k with a bonus of ~$5k. That is not enough to pay my current bills and my new student loan payments. I can easily get a banker position paying a higher salary but 1) I know I am going to leave the bank as soon as I land a law position and 2) I don’t want to burn any bridges and take a position that I know I will vacate in a short amount of time.

My federal loans enter repayment in July and my private loans enter repayment in February 2008. I have a little time to find a new position but I am still a little worried. There are all types of deferment/forbearance options but I suppose I never thought I would ever have to use them.

I am tired of struggling but I can’t say that I am doing my best to mitigate damages to my net worth. Every month, I overspend. I am almost 30 years old and I swear I feel like I need someone to give me an allowance. It’s so sad. I had hoped that I would be better with my spending by now but this blog is helping me. I can promise you that my negative net worth would be worse if it weren’t for this blog.

Thank you for reading and for the support. I know 2007 will be my year to turn it all around. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Subscribe to easystockalerts.com Now & Get The News Before Everyone Else! Have you ever want to see your stock news before it even appears on yahoo? Well, and then be alerted before it appears on the web. So start money making now and sign up for http://www.easystockalerts.com