Monday, January 29, 2007

February Goals…

My goals for February are to limit discretionary spending, eat at home more, stay within budget and improve my net worth.

Expected Income: $7,500
Expected Expenses: $3,100
Expected Savings: $4,400 – trying to transfer my entire bonus and tuition refund to WaMU.

*** Income Breakdown: $3,100 monthly income. Extra income: $3,100 annual bonus (after tax) and $1,300 in tuition reimbursement.

I received a medical bill for ~ $250 over the weekend. I am not sure where that bill is coming from so I will have to call the doc’s office to inquire.

Good news…I got a refund from State Farm of my $250 deductible and a check for $80 from Aetna to reimburse me for dental expenses. I will transfer all extra money into my WaMu savings, which has a current balance of $9,000.

I am trying to bulk up my savings in preparation for student loan repayment. I may need to use the money to float me if I can’t find a better paying job right away and my student loans enter the repayment period. Once I find a better paying law job, I will reevaluate to decide on debt repayment or an emergency fund.

No comments: