Monday, January 29, 2007

Quicken Update…

I purchased Quicken Deluxe 2007 over the weekend at Sam’s Club for about $40. I couldn’t wait to get home and download it on my laptop. To say the least, I was a little disappointed. For one, Quicken won’t download my 401k information and I can’t export it from my 401k’s site. I don’t think this would be any different with Quicken Premium. Second, I can’t get the one touch automatic update to work with my banking accounts. I have to go to each Bank’s website and download the information from there. Finally, It won’t download my mortgage, student loan, or ShareBuilder information. The providers are not on the financial institution list. So basically, I have to manually enter in a lot of information so it seems like my regular excel spreadsheet is actually better.

I wonder if Microsoft Money would be better a better option.

2 comments:

mapgirl said...

Oh dear. This is bad. I guess I won't be upgrading mine to the latest version.

Chitown said...

It has been a little frustrating and it's not like I don't have a well known mortgage provider. Countrywide is very well known and there should be a download option. ShareBuilder also should have a download option.

On the other hand, I have been very happy with Yodlee. The only bad thing is the inability to save reports and set the date parameters.

*** If I am doing something wrong guys, please let me know.