Monday, February 24, 2014

52-Week Organizing Challenge...

I am combining Week 2 and Week 3 of the Organizing Challenge and will finish later this week. 

Week 2: Kitchen Cabinets and Drawers
Week 3: Pantry and Food Storage

I decided at 9:30 last night to start cleaning out my kitchen cabinets and pantry. I didn't get to bed until 12:30 this morning. I don't know why I decide to start projects so late in the evening. I was going to just do a small cabinet but it snowballed. lol

The kitchen cabinets, drawer and pantry in my condo make absolutely no sense at all. I was taking a hammer to the pantry last night because I couldn't figure out the thought process of the previous owner. She had extra pieces of wood hammered in which kept the shelves in one spot and prevented me from realigning the shelves into the pre-made slots. Silly. Then there are two doors to the pantry which is also silly and another piece of wood that makes absolutely no sense but it's part of the actual panty so it's not easily removed without having to restain, etc. Then I only have ONE measly drawer in my entire kitchen where I keep my cutlery but that drawer may be 7 inches wide so finding a cutlery tray to fit is nearly impossible so I had to improvise. I did just find a cheap one on Amazon this morning for less than $10 so I will measure again tonight and decide if I want to make a purchase.

Anyway, I am about 90% done and it was even easier than I thought since about 95% of the stuff in my cabinets and pantry was in fact EXPIRED!!! My Mom feeds me and I eat out so much that buying groceries is virtually pointless. I had 4 garbage bags of expired canned goods and other processed foods like pasta, rice, etc. I won't even begin to tell you the expiration dates. Shake my head! You will be able to see from the pictures just how much was actually thrown out in the trash.

I am in a purging mood and I just want to chuck almost everything and start over with just the necessities. I cannot stand clutter and I am a minimalist at heart. My bedroom is a disaster of washed but unfolded clothes right now and I swear I keep avoiding my room. I will try to carve out an hour this evening to fold and put that stuff away.

Today is the start of the T25 Workout Program. 25 Minutes a Day, 5 Days a Week. I will take my measurements this evening but my weight this morning...OMG!!! =)

No comments: