Sunday, February 09, 2014

Loving Me...

There are moments in your life where you can look yourself in the mirror and be  absolutely proud of the person staring back at you. I had one of those moments today where I just looked at myself and saw love. I love who I am. People that I cross paths with are drawn to me and they tell me that I lift their spirits and they  smile and laugh with me. They feel comfortable with me and end up coming to me for advice or just as a person to listen to them without me offering my opinion. I have many friends and a few really close friends and I'm proud of who I am and my heart really is pure. I'm not a mean person and I have a good core. I come from good stock with an excellent and humble upbringing. I've seen and I've experienced struggle and even anguish and I've seen people pull themselves up from nothing. I've pulled myself up from feeling like nothing and those around me never even had a clue. I am that woman that will smile through hurt and pain, who will pray for the people who hurt or disappoint me and I am the woman that will get knocked down seven times and get back up eight times. I bet on me every single day and I know I am a winner. Life ebbs and flows. Just as fast as you can be up, you can be down but that's just the illusion of the outside world. Spirit, the core of who you are and the core of who I am remains the same and unchanging. It's love and when I remember who I am, I can't help but smile at the person in the mirror and feel acceptance and love. Having one of those moments when I know all is well and everything is unfolding exactly as it should and I just have to have faith and believe that my best days are ahead. 

No comments: