Saturday, February 01, 2014

Virus Beat Down...

It's 10:30 and I am still in the bed and I can't say I have any plans to move anytime soon. My throat is on FIRE!!! The coughing seems to have subsided a little primarily because I just won't cough. My throat hurts too bad. Now my sinuses are trying to start back up again. I'm usually pretty tough but Chitown is taking a serious beat down with this virus. 

I've tried everything. Advil Cold N Sinus, Vicks Vapor Rub, Ricolas, Ibuprofen Rest and Tea. 

Part of me is tempted to go to Urgent Care which is literally in walking distance but I know there is not much they are going to be able to do but give me a z-pack and send me home. I'm not running  a fever and there is less pressure on my chest so I can breathe. My throat just hurts really bad and I still don't have a voice so no talking for me today. 

I have three meetings scheduled for Monday morning so I have to get better and fast. Today is the day I usually go skiing with my Sister and Brother-in-Law up in Lake Geneva, WI which is right over the IL border but I'm glad we decided a couple of weeks ago to bypass the trip this year. There is no way I could take to the slopes today. I'd be on the sidelines drinking the hot apple cider while everyone else endulged in all the fun. 

The weather has been so funky in Chicago. Following the mildest Summer in my recent memory, we've already experienced a brutal winter and it's snowing more right now. 

I am looking forward to feeling better and to Spring and Summer. The bright side is that I'll be in the house all day so I won't spend any money. Hope you guys have a great day. 

No comments: