Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Nephew Turns 5 Officially....

I am battling a bad cold that's kept me up three nights in a row but I am determined to get through the work day and get home to officially celebrate my nephew's 5th birthday. Apparently he was so excited that he woke up at 4:15 this morning. I'm sure my Sis and BIL were delighted. lol

My project at work is wrapping up and I've been grinding it out the last couple of days with lots of meetings and discussions. Plus, they are making changes to our procedures which is creating quite a bit of confusion amongst the overall division. I am learning to delegate tasks which is necessary but not easy and requires trust. It's all good. Unlike my last project, I have ample time to wrap this one up. 

I completed Day 2 of the T25 workout program last night and was showered and in bed by 8:30 to rest, relax and read. Apparently, I am able to psych myself up when I know I only have to workout hard for 25 minutes straight and my legs are feeling the burn. 

Finances have been so so. I need to reign myself in. I've been spending $20 here in Walgreens, $20 there in CVS, $40 in Target and it all adds up. Birthday season for my family and friends is almost wrapped up with just my Mom and BFF to go next month. 

Getting close to the beginning of April where I will liquidate stock after quarter end and pay down my credit card debt by $2100 after splitting the balance between two cards with balance transfers. Overall, not a bad start to the year. 

  • I am enrolled in the Leadership Program at work. 
  • I am already leading a review this year. 
  • I completed a review project that is getting recognition from our business partners. 
  • I started a workout plan. 
  • I still have $10k in savings. 
  • I am on target for $20k in debt reduction.
  • I still need to work on the 2014 travel plans. A few friends have approached me for a spa trip to AZ and a trip to NOLA but nothing concrete. I still have to look into Niagara Falls for when I travel to Canada for work.  

No comments: