Monday, February 03, 2014

Back to Work...

I go back to work tomorrow but I'm still feeling icky. My head is hurting, my neck is hurting, my throat is hurting and I have sinus pressure. My voice is about 80% back. Time for meds and bed. I haven't been out of the house since I got home on Friday evening. I guess it will be nice to mix and mingle with the rest of the human population tomorrow. 

I just finished watching Love N Hip Hop Reunion Part #1 and it's just fun and foolishness. Women putting themselves out there for these men and getting so little in return. Women so hurt that they are lashing out in anger. Smoke & Mirrors. That's all this silly stuff is these days. It's entertainment. 

Relationships aren't so complicated to me. I believe it takes two things. Love and Commitment. Love is God and God is Love. So love is really unconditional. God doesn't show up to love you or want you only when you do this or that or better yet, only show up to love you when you do something the way he wants. True love is unconditional. It's the choice to be committed to the relationship that allows the love to continually heal wounds over time and flourish. There is no doubt that the person you love will hurt you and disappoint you from time to time. People are so imperfect that it's inevitable that they will disappoint you at some point or another. Most of the time, it's not even on purpose but the impact is still the same. It takes commitment to show up every day for your relationship. Love is the continual flow of Grace and Mercy. 

Time for meds & bed. Good financial post coming tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

No comments: