Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Travel Bug...

I am getting the travel bug...well I always had the travel bug. lol  American Airlines, Kayak and United Airlines hit my inbox with deals for travel today and I cannot wait to go somewhere after my review ends next month.  March is going to be a busy month.  In addition to 2 more birthdays for my Mom and Best Friend, I am going to see Ailey, we are taking a family picture and Chitown is getting her first ever hair cut to get some layers.  Then there is the 5 mile Shamrock Shuffle at the end of the month. Fun!  My hair has really grown quite long and past the middle of my back so cutting a few layers into it will be great for when my hair is curly to give it some extra volume.  I'll still keep it pretty long but I cannot wait for the experience.

I held my midpoint meeting today for my project at work and it went very well and smooth.  I am getting much better at communicating my thought process and ideas to our business partners and the feedback has been positive.  I have quite a few hours to put in over the next couple of weeks but then I will be able to bring this project to another successful conclusion.  Very happy.

I logged my expenses for last month and OMG...I made a few splurges!  In addition to having to meet my $350 health insurance deductible, I purchased tickets to see Alvin Ailey, and I purchased T25 which is a new workout program by Shaun T and Beachbody.  I was considering joining the gym at work for $50/month so this was a compromise.  I am really looking forward to starting the exercise program on Monday and doubling up on a few days with some runs to get myself ready for the Shamrock Shuffle.  5 miles baby! I can do it!  I am especially glad because the T25 is only 25 minutes a day of intense workout time. 

My Dad celebrated his 66th Birthday officially yesterday, today is my godfather's birthday and my nephew turns 5 next Wednesday. Lots and lots of birthdays and reasons to celebrate and give thanks! =)

No comments: